


Just a week ago I knew so few things about my project in Austria, and yesterday all the info simply fell on me like a tone of bricks. well, cannot complaint - that's what I prayed for ;. So, July 1st 6.15pm I am taking a flight Vilnius-Stockholm-Vienna. And at about midnight in Vienna the whole adventure will look so REAL. I will be in the country that is fond of the German l-ge, will be living in a residential care home for physically and mentally handicapped people, the place is called Whonheim St.Martin, and it's 30min drive away from Vienna, in a small village called Klosterneuburg. As far as I know the place is really beautiful and has lots of great sights and amazing nature. My task will be taking care of the residents in the Whonheim - helped them in all they do, join them in their daily activities and share my interests with them. Basically, from July 1st to May 31st 2008 I will be living with those people and taking care of them, helping them and also I am willing to learn and discover all about those people, Klosterneuburg, Vienna, German, Austria...I am open to all things!
I will be working 5 days a week and my daily routine is rather fixed: (principle Mo.-Fr. 7-8,5 a.m. and 4-8 p.m. and 1x weekend/month). I must say, very unusual work schedule, but I will have to learn now how live with it. I guess I will have to learn how to get up early in the morning...honestly, I have abandoned that ability of mine :)!
In the very beginning of my volunteering I will be entitled to intensive German classes in Vienna, it's is important for communication plays a huge role in all I am doing. Yes, I have a German-English dictionary already and reading it every day :).
How will my free time look like? Have a vague idea of this at the moment. Well, one I know, want to get a bike there ASAP and explore the neighborhood. And then time will show. I have lots of plans regarding traveling and visit my friends in Switzerland, Italy, Germany, France etc.Also want to visit beautiful Prague!
And now..I am still residing in my apartment in Vilnius. Everyday meeting my friends and saying good bye :) also getting ready for a trip and official graduation party that will take place on June 29Th. Things are going great despite some really difficult things with close people in my life. But, I guess that's life - one can't have a perfect one!
Feeling lazy today! Till the next post, hope you will be diligent readers of this blog. Will do my best to share all that is going to happen in Austria!

3 comments:
Sincerely, I wish you all the best for this big new chapter of your Life that is starting right now...
...(and thanks for writin' your blog in English!) :)
Nice photo! :) Miss you already!
Love you!
Ti
i am so excited to see and experience a bit of this next piece of you life. I love you so much dear one!
Post a Comment