Wednesday, July 4, 2007

contact details...and some more adventures

thank you all for the encouragement! I guess sleeping also helped,
however, did not have enough of that. I start work at 7am every
day...so, basically, learning to be a morning person which I am NOT at
the moment. I mustadmit, coffee is still my best friend here :).

also, lets start with the contact details. I got a local SIM card so if you are willing and can afford that, sms me at 068110359865 (have no idea if any other code is needed). I may not respond to your sms soon for right now I have no credits on the card. You can also write me regular letters at:

Erika Dobrovolskaite
Albrechtsraße 103/2
3400
Klosterneuburg
Österreich (austria)


and as always things here are pretty crazy for me. every day I meet some people in whonehiem, in a train to Vienna
or on streets when I am lost. Today, for example, in the morning we had
a team meeting, for two hours I was listening to a non-stopAustrian
talk of the personnel people...all I could understand was the names of
people and places...alles.nothing else. but the good thing is that
there is this girl, Diana, who works at the building where I live and
she speaks perfect English (she is a former volunteer who stayed inAustria). Diana helped me tonight with phone and some other things. Then, there is this guy Pawel, a Polish man, with whom I speak German, Russian and polish. then Anna, she speaks German. Viki and Rachel speak English beu both of them are on holidays. BUT, don't get me wrong, I am doing all to learn German as quickly as possible. not for myself, but because the handicapped people that I work with require a lot of talking with them...and the fact that I don't speak German
makes it so hard for me to help those people in even the simplest
things. Here is where the whole discouragement of mine. I cannot
communicate. Yesterday I had to wash those handicapped people...I think
this is going to be the hardest part of the work. I have to take care
of mentallyhandicapped men and it is not easy to wash them, and this bathing has to be done twice a week. I will have to try hard to get use to it.

some good news. today on a train from klosterneuburg to Vienna I met a girl who is a law student at Vienna university. she has been travelling a lot and also speaks English, perfect English. we exchanged phone numbers and should be meeting next week. she may even help me to get a bike! it takes about 50min to bike to Vienna!!! and yesterday afternoon ( I go to Vienna during my free time from 10am to 4pm) when I got lost again I met a lady who is Austrian but she spoke great Russian...she is a theatre producer, she gave me her phone number in case I need anything. awesome!!! this thing I like - meeting all those people!

honestly, there is so much to write about and I will have to find a way to tell you everything...sad that I cannot upload pictures, I must go to Vienna itself and do that at the Internet cafe, and that costs about 6 euros...well, maybe will do that during the weekend.

tomorrow is a long and hard day - bathing day again (tuesday and thursday). and, of course, more of fast austrian talk...

1 comment:

vi said...

hey ya, girl .)

Nice to hear that you are getting better.
I understand thet feeling, when you can't get any idea what people around are talking... the same thing was in Slovakia. But after some time I started thinking that maybe - sometimes it's very good --> none bothers you... ,)

Keep going ,)